VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have hooked everything up...my vcr through the ADVC 110. I understand that while capturing analog video, the WinDV123 does not play the audio...however, in playback, I have no audio. I've checked the properties on my recorder, they say "Input audio"...what other settings do I need? This device is supposed to be pretty much plug and play. When I play stuff from youtube, I hear the sound just fine...so I know I have sound. I shouldn't have to purchase an audio capture card, should I? I've tried using Windows Movie Maker, WinDV123 and Virtual Dub, nothing works. Your help is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    is windv set to capture in type II avi?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    I tried both of those...turns out, the solution was the settings on the VCR itself. Since the type of stuff I'm capturing is old songvids, done back in the day on VCRS, then the audio settings need to be set to "Mixed" or "Normal" not Hi-Fi...so I messed with that, and then set it to TYPE II and VOILA. I deserve a brownie and so do you! Thanks! All my sound shows up on playback now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chrpil View Post
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    I tried both of those...turns out, the solution was the settings on the VCR itself. Since the type of stuff I'm capturing is old songvids, done back in the day on VCRS, then the audio settings need to be set to "Mixed" or "Normal" not Hi-Fi...so I messed with that, and then set it to TYPE II and VOILA. I deserve a brownie and so do you! Thanks! All my sound shows up on playback now.
    Hi-Fi is very sensitive to tracking. In fact optimizing Hi-Fi is the best way to set tracking.

Normal goes to low fi linear tracks. Some use recorders use Dolby B or C on linear tracks.

Mixed defaults to Hi Fi but switches to linear tracks when H-Fi is lost.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote