VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have numerous video files on the Hard Drive of a Topfield 7100PVRt and I want to transfer a number of them to DVD discs. When I use WS-Ftp I can do this but it is too slow. I have tried moving the files from the PVR to an external WD Hard Drive but then I am unable to copy or move them onto the computer- error 'File not found'. although they show up in Windows Explorer.
    The files are Ext2 and WS-ftp shows them as having attributes -rw-r-r-.
    Windows Explorer shows no attributes and cannot change the attributes.
    I would like to get the files onto my computer harddrive so that I can edit them and then burn the resulting video to a DVD.

How can I do this? What software program/s will I need?
    Last edited by oigle; 21st Oct 2010 at 20:12. Reason: To Specify type of PVR
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is a Topfield forum in Australia, not as good as the old one before the new distributor took over but that's the best area IMO. Otherwise I guess you could ask in the off topic section of the Beyonwiz forum as there are more than a few Linux experts, and generally the forum is pretty open unlike the Topfield. Otherwise there is the UK forum which I found useful before I changed over to Beyonwiz
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the reply. I have found a free program called 'Ext2 Explore' which has enabled me to achieve my intention.
    I did not find any help on the Toppy Forum either au or uk.
    Quote Quote