VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Comcast has informed me that in two weeks they will switch to all Digtal TV in my area. I have three analog TVs. Attached to one TV is my JVC DR 10MS analog recorder and a VCR. After I install the cable boxes required for each TV and program the remote, will I be able to use my recording equipment to capture TV shows? Will the camcorder work through the DVD recorder to capture recorded video as in the past?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pepegot1 View Post
    Comcast has informed me that in two weeks they will switch to all Digtal TV in my area. I have three analog TVs. Attached to one TV is my JVC DR 10MS analog recorder and a VCR. After I install the cable boxes required for each TV and program the remote, will I be able to use my recording equipment to capture TV shows? Will the camcorder work through the DVD recorder to capture recorded video as in the past?
    Comcast did similar here last month. In some areas they leave about 20 locals on analog NTSC. In others they convert everything to QAM. Here they offered two DTA's for free. DTA's are mini cable QAM tuners that export RF channel 3 or 4. More rent for $2/mo but better to get a real cable box for your JVC. It will output composite NTSC (some do S-Video) for your JVC recorder. A camcorder can also record off that output.

Not sure if your JVC DR 10MS includes an IR blaster type device, if so you can program the JVC recorder to change channels on a cable box.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote