VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Dear Jagabo

Thnaks again but, no, I don't have a TV with S-video in. But the camcorder has a colour LCD which works in colour as a camera and on playback. Its just that it displayed monochrome when I had connected, via its own S-video socket, the new S-video cable from the Sky+ box (uncontrollable) S-video out socket.

All very strange.

I will check my other TVs but don't think I've ever seen one with S-video in socket.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by keyboardboy View Post
    Ok but does it really have to be an interlaced file than? My intention is not to record an interlaced file, but my intention is to transfer VHS to DVD with the best quality possible...
    Hi, please download ADVC mini Release Notes and take a look at page 2; you'll find "Video quality settings".
    The ADVC capture software has three video quality settings:
    - Slider positioned Center (default): it produces .mov files (your case)
    - Slider positioned to the left: it should produce MPEG2 files (I suppose this, because I haven't got the ADVC mini)
    - Slider positioned to the right: it should produce uncompressed AVI files.
    You should positionate the slider to the left; by doing this you'll to get MPEG2 interlaced files, and you'll be able to create your DVD.
    In fact the MPEG2 perfectly manages interlaced video; very often the special contents you can find on a commercial DVD are MPEG2 interlaced files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello keyboardboy,

I know this is a VERY OLD thread, but I am struggling with the exact issue you did way back in 2010. Did you get this resolved when you received your new ADVCMini?

I am using the Grass Valley software because Final Cut Pro and iMovie did not provide a capture method for the USB2 input. The GV software provides very few settings to prevent this issue.

Any input you have would be very helpful!
    Quote Quote