VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can someone suggest a fast n free way of doing this please..I am trying auto mkv and its 2 hrs 30 for the first pass! Suely theres something quicker to do this..Thanks

Edit trying GOTsent
    Last edited by Soixante; 16th Oct 2010 at 02:47.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately, to add hard coded subs, you have to re-encode the whole video, and try not to loose too much quality in the process. With codecs like H.264, that will take a while. Do you really have to use hard coded subs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you want quicker encoding then it is time to upgrade you (in modern terms, very old) computer.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Im using Gotsent at the moment its only taking about 20 minutes but its failing to embed the subtitles even though command box says they have been processed.I dont usually go near MKV files maybe this once ill go without the hard subbing idea...and an upgrade maybe in future..Thanks for the advice..
    Quote Quote