VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi I used to capture HDTV using the good old CAPDVHS via firewire on WinXP method on my old desktop. Recently I was thinking of getting a new media centre desktop to replace my old desktop so that I can both record and watch full 1080 videos on tv (unfortunately my old desktop is not fast enough to do so).

But one problem that came to my mind is that pretty much all desktops come with windows 7 nowadays and I'm not sure if CAPDVHS can run and record properly on win7. Please provide some insights as to whether this is possible and whether there are problems using win7 as oppose to using winXP. If this is not possible, is there any other ways to record HDTV via firewire?

Currently my winXP records flawlessly most of the time except sometimes when the PVR is also recording something else then there are conflicts. If I switch to Win7 will I still see this performance?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used capdvhs on Windows 7. No problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by edong View Post
    Really? That's great cause I heard some ppl had problems with vista. Do I use the same firestb.msi driver for xp?
    Last edited by Strawson; 16th Oct 2010 at 01:26.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Strawson View Post
    Originally Posted by edong View Post
    Really? That's great cause I heard some ppl had problems with vista. Do I use the same firestb.msi driver for xp?
    Maybe it's a 64 bit vs 32 bit problem, not an XP vs Vista/Win7 problem.
    Quote Quote