VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have purchased this product and would know how do i play movies on this product via the usb.
    I have tried various different movie formats and extension to play, but somehow the player keeps giving an error, format not supported.

Do i need some software download and convert the videos for the dvd player to support it to play?

This is what the manual states.

Click image for larger version

Name:	66336_10150283195330487_619290486_15084747_4811204_n.jpg
Views:	3790
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	3845

would appreciate a feedback if someone could help me..
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try convert with divx "official" simple divx converter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. tried that too bro.. did not work
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does it work with avi or divx files on cd or dvd media?
    Quote Quote  
  5. ive played DVD's so far it works fine...

the issue is the USB .. ive tried speaking to someone at the Sony customer care but they also couldn't solve the issue
    Quote Quote  
  6. Note that Divx/DVD players usually only support 720x576 or lower resolution. And audio usually has to be MP3 or AC3.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Since my query is regarding this same model, so i did not want to use another thread. I hope this is not against rules to do so. I am sorry if it is.. well my query is:

Does this model support XSUB like those we add using aviaddxsubs? Thanks for any help and replies.
    Quote Quote  
  8. for sony dvd with usb iv only been able to use vob format. VOB is the format dvd's use so you cant go wrong with it(it just takes more space). And as for the software, i always go to CNET to get all my free software . just download a converter thats completely free and NOT FREE TO TRY. btw converters con take awhile depending on your pc and what your converting, so be ready to wait an hour or two for a long movie with high def.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome johnv, but don't dig up old posts to add to them. And the original poster last logged in on the day he started this thread, so he's not listening to what you said.
    Quote Quote