VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm having real problem figuring out an easy way to do this.

Basically, I want to convert videos from my digital camera to fit a certain file size using SUPER. I really like SUPER for its speed and flexibility with regarding to handling any file type, but it has some user-friendliness problems.

My most common scenario is converting 1 hr of 640x480 digicam video (from a Canon SD1200), to a file that fits on a regular CD (700MB). Or 2 hrs to 700 MB.

What I do now is blind trial and error, playing around with various output containers, bitrates, etc. Is there any really good settings I should use to optimize the best video quality I can get for this target file size? Maybe some good existing guides I can read?

I know some other converters does have a friendly feature that lets you input the desired final file size and then does everything itself, but I'd like a little more control and understanding of the process.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use a bitrate calculator. Its file size = bitrate x runtime. There are plenty available in the tools section on the left of the screen.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote