VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys i have been encoding videos to watch them on my mobile

heres the command line that i use

x264 input.avs --preset ultrafast --profile baseline --crf 20.0 -o video.264
    @ffmpeg -threads 4 -i "inputfile.ext" -vn -sn -acodec pcm_s16le -ar 44100 -ac 1 -f wav - 2>nul | neroAacEnc -ignorelength -lc -q 0.5 -if - -of audio.mp4
    mp4box -fps 23.976 -add video.264 -add audio.mp4 "outputfile.mp4"

and heres the content of input.avs

DirectshowSource("inputfile.ext")
    newheight = ( float(width)/height > 1.56 ) ? 180 : 240
    LanczosResize(320,newheight)
    LoadPlugin("VSFilter.dll")
    TextSub("subfile.ext")
    ConvertToYV12()
    ConvertFPS(23.976)

Audio encoding speed is really good but video encoding speed is very less, ~50fps. How can i modify these codes to get maximum video encoding speeds??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Change your crf to something larger. Of course this means losing quality, but at those resolution, it may not matter. Start with 22, then drop to 24. Speed and quality are trade offs. Higher quality generally results in slower encoder, lower quality can mean faster encoding.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I already tried that but the problem is my mobile phone's resolution is 640x360 and if i encode the video of 320x180 with crf more than 20 i dont get a satisfying view
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can have quality or you can have speed or you can buy a faster computer.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. what i meant was that if there is any thing i can modify in that code which will be more efficient.
    for eg. i use ConvertToYV12() in avisynth. i do that because otherwise x264 will do that conversion. now which one will be efficient? x264 or avisynth? this way i can optimize the codes.

or may be there is some other way of hard-coding subtitles and resizing instead of avisynth which can work as frame-server for x264?

even i know that lower quality imply good conversion speeds but thats not optimizing thats compromising

btw my processor is Athlon 64 X2 6000+
    Last edited by arpan251089; 13th Oct 2010 at 21:03.
    Quote Quote