VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just created a bunch of MKV with mp3 that I direct stream copied from Virtualdub. They all played as soon as I created them but now none of them will play the audio. Keep getting an error in MPC-HC, "failed to find a connectable filter" ACM Wrapper::Output.

How can I convert these all back into mp3 without having to reencode them (they're mp3 in an ACM wrapper)?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by DarrellS View Post
    I just created a bunch of MKV with mp3 that I direct stream copied from Virtualdub. They all played as soon as I created them but now none of them will play the audio. Keep getting an error in MPC-HC, "failed to find a connectable filter" ACM Wrapper::Output.

How can I convert these all back into mp3 without having to reencode them (they're mp3 in an ACM wrapper)?

can you clarify what you did? how did you manage to create an mkv from vdub using stream copy ?

what file do you have now? what did you start out with ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used the external encoder in the experimental version to encode the H264 video file but couldn't get mp3passthrough to work so I used an encoder set with no audio encoder and no muxer.

I used the Save WAV function with an mp3 extension to save the mp3 audio. This has always worked for me before if the original audio is mp3 like this one was since audio is set to Direct Stream Copy but for some reason, MKVmerge saw the file as A_PCM/INT/LIT (ID 1, type: audio) and none of my players can read the audio file.

I started out with a VP6 FLV with MP3 audio and now I have an X264 MKV with A_PCM/INT/LIT (ID 1, type: audio) I would just use FLVextract to extract the MP3 audio and remux it in my MKV but I already deleted the FLV files.

It's either the new FLV plugin that I'm using or a bug in MKVmerge or both. Mediainfo sees both files as mp3 before I open them in MKVmerge but the VDub one doesn't say Lame. MKVmerge sees it as A_PCM and so does Mediainfo after it's merged.

I was hoping to find a way to change the header so that everything sees it as mp3 again without having to reencode the file. I have no idea why everything wants to see it as an uncompressed wave file when it is the exact same size as the compressed mp3.
    Quote Quote  
  4. what happens when you extract with mkvextract ? is it still a "wav" or "mp3" file the same size ?

what happens if you use an older version of mkvtoolnix (4.0.0 or earlier, which don't have header compression) ?

what happens if you enable audio in ffdshow (set uncompressed to "all supported" instead of "disabled") ? and try playing with a media player ?

what happens if you mux in mp4 container e.g. yamb ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I extract with mkvextract, it is A_PCM/INT/LIT .

Yamb won't accept the mp3 audio from VDub but mp4box GUI will and sees it as mp3. Mediainfo sees the codec ID as 55 before muxing with MP4Box and 6B after muxing with mp4box. The file created by MP4Box plays fine. MP4Box doesn't recognize the audio inside the MKVs.

Setting ffdshow to all supported does nothing for the MKVs.

Haven't tried another MKVtoolnix yet but I have a strong feeling that it is the problem since I tried a different version of Virtualdub with the old FLV plugin and still have the same problem.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I lied. I can't extract it with anything. Nothing can read the file that MKVmerge created.
    Quote Quote