VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello, ive been trying to save this video streaming from this website..
    but its not a regular wmv streaming file..
    this site uses a plugin to manage their videos
    called "edgestream"

to play the video the you will need the plugin....
    (plugin for firefox)
    http://www.edgestream.com/install/EdgeStreamClient-FF.exe
    (plugin for Internet Explorer)
    http://www.edgestream.com/install/EdgeStreamClient-IE.exe

once install go to this link

go here to view the video

im trying to save the HIGH link.. which when u click the high click the plugins pop up and it based on ur speed and select which bitrate appropriate for ur speed ...

when u open the asx file..... notepad says "esvp:0yw99e8924319849159.wmv <<< and when u run it using net transport, or HI DOWNLOAD, or using any MMS capturing program it doesn't work as it doesn't recognize the protocol...

im wondering if any of you have some tricks saving the raw WMV like u would normally i dont prefer using the SCREEN CAPTURE as it re encodes and it takes such a long time!! i woulld prefer if i could just straight download the wmv file...

i tried using URL HELPER and it detects the video url... but its split files like this

video_0of4.wmv
    video_1of4.wmv
    video_2of4.wmv
    video_3of4.wmv

i was able to download the first file but it wouldn't play coz it doesn't recognized it...i am guesing they needed to be merged into one to play the video but im not sure.......

this site is a pay site and they have free videos i wanna be able to watch them offline so i can stream off my XBOX
    can anyone help me on this matter
    appreciate it thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For the free videos try using stream transport instead. It should be able to get them.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    For the free videos try using stream transport instead. It should be able to get them.
    i am sorry but this will not work... i tried this and it will not pick up the wmv file.. this only applies to flv and some sites.. which will not work for this site ^ above post...
    please test before posting.... so i could be sure its working or not...

thank you tho..
    Last edited by daflip; 9th Oct 2010 at 17:23.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might try FRAPS. It can record anything you can see on your screen. The downside is it produces large files, but easy enough to re-encode to a more compact format. Virtualdub can open the FRAPS format and the Xvid codec can easily reduce the size. I've used it on some hard to copy net video. When all else fails, try it. It is also reported to work on Netflix which uses MS Silverlight which is very difficult to copy.
    Quote Quote  
  5. for wmv streaming files, you can use wm recorder (but it's not free)

it works on that site
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks, but i do prefer something like downloading the the wmv file itself rather than SCREEN RECORDING as ive said above post... because screen recording takes a long time and has to be open, i want it just do a batch download and watch them as they complete..... because im looking to download about 10+ episodes......

@poison the prgoram do work but its slow! i think it records on the fly, what im asking is downloading the raw file of the wmv file
    Last edited by daflip; 9th Oct 2010 at 22:01.
    Quote Quote