VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all, not sure how that first post got post didn't hit the post button, lol.

I am trying to convert vot to avi with xmedia recode and when I play back the file the video is really fast, why is this. It only dose this when using copying mode. if I use mp3 it works fine.

Aslo what is the best resolution when convter a 1280x720 to like a dvd resolution for avi?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by maxone71
    when convter a 1280x720 to like a dvd resolution for avi?
    Dvd resolution is 720x480 for ntsc and 720x576 for pal.

Often times for divx 640x480 is used.

As far as the fast video I can't offer a solution other than to try again with the same source file. Also what player were using? Try both mpchc and vlc - if the same thing happens in both players than the encode was incorrect. You will then need to start over with the source file.

There are also many other programs to use for the conversion -

super
    format factory
    virtualdubmod (but divx will need to be already installed - it doesn't have it internally but will find it if its on the system)
    xvid4psp

There are countless others to try. These are just the more frequently used freeware options that are liked here on this website.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by maxone71 View Post
    I am trying to convert vot (read as VOB) to avi with xmedia recode and when I play back the file the video is really fast, why is this. It only dose this when using copying mode. if I use mp3 it works fine.

Aslo what is the best resolution when convter a 1280x720 to like a dvd resolution for avi?

Thanks.
    It depends on which version of XMedia Recode you use, coz every different version has different bugs,
    There was a big post here about XMedia Recode. So figure out by yourself which version to be used.

As said in previous reply, XViD4PSP should give you satisfactory results.
    And never heard of buggy XViD4PSP.
    Quote Quote  
  4. yoda313 you have been very helpfull in my quest as bonie81 hasn't. but have some more quetions. ya the audio copyies over fine in super and format factory, so i think it's xmedia recode. but my next question is when i do a 720x480(16:9)vob to avi and leave everthing at defult with audio copy it converets it to 720x480(3.2) not 16:9. i have even tried to force the settings. any idea's?

thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In format factory there is a 16:9 option to set when you go through the output settings (the screen where you have the options to choose bitrate and audio tracks and all of that. It should retain the 16:9 throughout the process.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote