VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. "Star Wars" is entering the third dimension, LucasFilm announced today.
    According to the studio, "Star Wars: Episode 1 The Phantom Menace" will be released in 3D to theaters in 2012. As with the original releases, Twentieth Century Fox is backing the movies.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20018001-17.html?tag=cnetRiver#ixzz10wTVUING

tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    More here : http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i677c428c4dc16c2c7592835d50e86a3a

I like this quote

He has said that the "Avatar" experience convinced him that "Star Wars" is ready for the state-of-the-art 3D treatment
    Perhaps someone should point out to George that Avatar was actually filmed in 3D form the start, and not shoe-horned into the format using the awful pseudo-3D that ruined Clash of the Titans (not a great film, but much better in 2D).

Still, all George has nowadays is his dead horse, and he is flogging it for all he can get
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post

Still, all George has nowadays is his dead horse, and he is flogging it for all he can get
    Name:  beat_deadhorse.gif
Views: 134
Size:  4.0 KB

Come'on Skywalker... gimme two more dolla's!!!

Seriously... I love Star Wars, but I'm fed up with all the "versions" out there... (now plus six more in 3D).
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by medico_brujo
    "Come'on Skywalker... gimme two more dolla's!!!
    Which Skywalker???
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Luke of course!.

Anakin is just a big wussy crybaby in a cool black suit!.

Padme is dead???... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. My question is why?

3d - adding less value to movies by throwing animated objects in your face
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    4D would be better, hydraulic chairs for the opening of episode 3, smoke for the crash of grievous's ship, rollers under the cushion for ambush scenes, etc...
    i know 3D starwars will be state-of-the-art, never before seen computer technology

i think he should create 7, 8, and 9 in 3D...

and 4, 5, and 6 should be made 3D as well
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 1337assassin
    and 4, 5, and 6 should be made 3D as well
    They will be. All 6 are being made in 3d - one released each year once they start.

And as for 7-9 they never really existed. He was quoted as saying he may do sequels someday but those ended up being the prequels 1-3. As far as I know 7-9 have never been written and he'd be 80+ if he ever did get to them. So I say they are done for Star Wars movies made by Lucas directly.

However I'm still waiting for that live action tv show we were promised. The clone wars cartoon is ok but I've only watched a handful. I do have the movie on dvd of course. Could have been better but was good enough.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    I'm still waiting for that live action tv show we were promised. The clone wars cartoon is ok but I've only watched a handful. I do have the movie on dvd of course. Could have been better but was good enough.

i think there should be 15 star wars

more precisely, i think starwars on blue ray should be DVD quality with choose your own adventure, so, if he's going to stop making them, they should be usable for a long time

i really like the 3D starwars series.. i dont watch the cartoons, but the 3D series is awesome.. i hope that goes on for 20 more seasons
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i dont watch the cartoons, but the 3D series is awesome.. i hope that goes on for 20 more seasons
    Do you mean the one that is currently on the cartoon network or whatever channel that is? I have one dvd of the original hand drawn series of the Clone wars but have yet to watch it.

The new 3d one is pretty good. But I just haven't stayed with it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean the one that is currently on the cartoon network or whatever channel that is? I have one dvd of the original hand drawn series of the Clone wars but have yet to watch it.

The new 3d one is pretty good. But I just haven't stayed with it.
    yes, thats the one.. i have 2 complete seasons on DVD. i cant get enough of it..the bounty hunters are the best thing about it.. some cool jedi, and just fill in the story from the movie.. its so great..

i hope after this clone wars one there will be other ones.. Knights of the Old Republic 3D series would be epic
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Knights of the Old Republic 3D series would be epic
    I don't know how that would work. That is by Bioware isn't it? They'd have to get in some contractual agreement. Probably license their created characters to the writers and animators who are doing the current 3d series.

How do they do it for Final Fantasy? I know they have a couple of real Final Fantasy movies that are tied to the games unlike the one that hit the theaters that was all cg (I have that one on bluray and actually like it - the one with Alec Baldwin I think is the one I'm thinking of - Spirits Within thats it). However that licensing agreement works for game to movie would be how that kotr would work I guess.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know how that would work. That is by Bioware isn't it?
    well, i dont know, final fantasy was the name of a movie i thought had nothing to do with the game..

then there was final fantasy VII, but i thought that was only in Japanese.. im not sure

as it is, George Lucas is creating the 3D television series, which is all fans could hope to ask for.. i'm just saying that the timeline of the series is between the 2nd and 3rd movie, so it stands to reason it wont last too long.. once they get to where the 3rd movie picked up they will be out of material..

so they are going to have to come up with a new era, i like the Old Republic Era...those guys were way more awesome than the current force users..

or the next series could start where episode 6 left off, sometime in the future..

my favorite choice would be of all the events that led up to the 1st episode.. i would really like to see the days of Darth Sidius, Palpatines Master, and the end of that series could be him influencing the midiclorians to create anakin

then we could see Yoda's master, Boba Fetts Predecessor, his father perhaps.. and a slew of powerful Jedi and Sith Masters.

but if George Lucas thinks he's hanging up the starwars series for good, if he ever does.. and hopefully he never will.. he's mistaken.. his fans are too great in number... if he doesnt do keep making them, other companies can start licensing from games, non-Lucas books, etc

i believe all the games and books have had approval from George Lucas, and the games i think have been also co-produced and licensed by Lucas Arts.. that would seem to make them officially Lucas material
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'm just saying that the timeline of the series is between the 2nd and 3rd movie,
    I had thought originally it was supposed to be on Tatooine when Luke was a teenager between episodes 3 and 4? Has that changed? - also that is the timeline now for the clone wars 3d cartoon - between episodes 2 and 3 - I wouldn't think they'd step on the same material.

i would really like to see the days of Darth Sidius, Palpatines Master, and the end of that series could be him influencing the midiclorians to create anakin
    Somebody who isn't trashing the prequels at every possible opportunity? Are you really George Lucas????

edit - also yodas master would have died a long time ago wouldn't he/she? I mean if yoda is 900 years old by return of the jedi wouldn't he have been trained when he was a youngling?

-----------------------------------------

By the way, 1337 assassin - you must be a long lost sibling of mine. We must have been separated at birth or something. I don't think I've come across somebody with your enthusiasm for Star Wars in a long time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had thought originally it was supposed to be on Tatooine when Luke was a teenager between episodes 3 and 4? Has that changed? - also that is the timeline now for the clone wars 3d cartoon - between episodes 2 and 3 - I wouldn't think they'd step on the same material.
    nono, its all about Anakin and the Clone Army, and Anakins Apprentice, and their battles with Grievous and Dooku, etc..

edit - also yodas master would have died a long time ago wouldn't he/she? I mean if yoda is 900 years old by return of the jedi wouldn't he have been trained when he was a youngling?
    well.. who knows.. maybe that guy lived a long time too..

By the way, 1337 assassin - you must be a long lost sibling of mine. We must have been separated at birth or something. I don't think I've come across somebody with your enthusiasm for Star Wars in a long time.
    who doesnt like star wars?.. theres a real lack of space / time movies.. star trek is the only other thing available.. and thats ruined for want of pushing lame agendas.. we need WAY MORE space movies and less tv shows about the uneventful and mundane lives of below-average people
    Last edited by 1337assassin; 22nd Oct 2010 at 20:42.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    we need WAY MORE space movies and less tv shows about the uneventful and mundane lives of below-average people
    I can't agree more. Plus now that Stargate is off the air and SGU SUCKS I have nothing left to follow.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You know, I often wonder, after seeing the 1,2,3 episodes, (being how good they were) has he ever considered re-doing 4,5, and 6 eps. As much as I would (or had been) against that idea, still, the thought lingers within me. I'd probably see it if were to become a reality.

-vhelp 5428
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vhelp
    (being how good they were) has he ever considered re-doing 4,5, and 6 eps. As much as I would (or had been) against that idea, still, the thought lingers within me. I'd probably see it if were to become a reality.
    Do you mean just the special effects? Another special-special-special edition? Not the 3d stuff he's doing already?

Or do you mean re-cast, re-write, re-shoot, re-rake-in millions????

I don't know about that. I think he's been criticized enough about the special editions and just doing the Greedo-shoots-first debacle and the backlash over that I don't know if he even would be gutsy or suicidal enough to redo the story of ALL 3 completely.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    New Star Wars Trilogy rumor denied:

http://specials.msn.com/A-List/Movies/Lucasfilm-denies-new-Star-Wars-trilogy.aspx?cp-d...entid=26072480

Honest I didn't start that!!!!

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    screw 3D.. We want Choose Your Own Adventure!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    maybe have to wait for double-layer blu-ray
    Quote Quote