VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    i would like to know how can i get a similar animation to that of queen's innuendo musical video, i particularly like the effect they use on mercury's images. Can anyone help me? thanks guys
    here's the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmHgdLKwU8U&ob=av3e
    Quote Quote  
  2. I can't view it from Canada:

This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A lot of that will be hand rotoscoping - basically going frame by frame and masking then drawing/painting on the effect. Slow going, even with modern software.

You could look at MSU's Cartoonizer plugin for virtualdub as one option for achieving some of what you are after. You probably still need to mask and isolate different parts of the image first, if you want different effects on different people, for example. You could look at cinegobs keyer for this, or perhaps WAX2. This is all free.

If you have access to something like After Effects then you may find that some of it is easier because the tools are a little more robust, but it will still be a lot of manual masking.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    oh! rotoscoping.... thanks you very much guns1inger!! i appreciate your help very much thank you D
    Quote Quote  
  5. That vid is also blocked in US
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Now you know what it's like when we go to Hulu
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote