VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How well can you dance?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Since we had a poll on how well you can sing now for a dancing poll.I can dance and not embarrass myself but just barely.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I’ve been taking Vintage and Ballroom dance classes and attending Viennese Waltz Balls etc. for the last six years and started English Country Dance about six months ago. My wife and I wanted something that we could do together and decided on dancing – low impact, great for balance, uses muscles and memory, and the authentic costumes are great fun. We are going to a pirate themed dance this evening as a period Major General and his Lady (think: Gilbert and Sullivan - Pirates of Penzance).
    Andrew Jackson: "It's a poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I never learned how. I never needed to. There wasn't much interest in social dancing as an activity where I attended school, and dances were held infrequently, except for fraternity/sorority events.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I never learned how. I never needed to. There wasn't much interest in social dancing as an activity where I attended school, and dances were held infrequently, except for fraternity/sorority events.
    You never went to bars with a woman/man?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I can find the beat and move my body, but that's about it. Fortunately I learned by the time I began dating that as long as you don't bump into people or move wildly no one really cares to look at you on the dance floor.
    When I was 10 my Mother wanted to send me for dance lessons. This is one of the few arguments I ever won with her and to this day I regret it
    My wife and I took dance lessons together a few years ago and we did OK. She dances better than I do and didn't feel she needed to practice. I reminded her that I need a partner to practice with. We do OK.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    You never went to bars with a woman/man?
    The few bars I went to had no dance floor. They just served food and drinks. To be honest, I'm not much interested in drinking either, and none of the people I dated or socialized with were into drinking or clubbing.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 26th Sep 2010 at 23:35.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Couldn't dance to save my life....

Back in my school days I was at a party and somehow I managed to get into a slow dance with this one girl who I had worshiped from afar for years. She had even asked me to dance!!! What could ruin this moment?? Stomping on her foot, that's what. I didn't just step on her foot, I damn near crippled the girl. I think I've only danced maybe 3 time in the last 30 years since then... I'm lethal!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johnso
    dancing poll
    It must be a monday - I can't believe nobody took a crack at this one yet

I think I sing better than I can dance - but not by much..... Though I could probably get a lot of youtube hits if I tried both at the same time
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm short and white. I dance as well as I play basketball.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a raver, dancing is a daily reality for me.
    Here is me dancing on a club a couple of years ago (http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=25414536)
    And here is a (cancelled) trash tv show I use to produce / star and dance 3 - 4 months ago, just for fun, with a couple of friends ( http://www.mychannel.gr/default.asp?page=nyxta&vid=376&cid=22&aid=&tid= )

Of course in my country there are no opportunities for those kind of things. The only reason I keep doing this, is for the fun of it and because I'm officialy crazy.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I seldom dance, but can do all right. Usually only at wedding receptions and usually only slow dances with my wife. Definitely not something we do to gain an audience.

Maybe someone can explain something for me. At every reception I've been to for the past 30 some years there's a DJ playing primarily fast music, with an occasional slow song. For the fast music, the dance floor is nearly always empty, but fills to near capacity for every slow song. Why don't they play more slow songs than fast?
    Last edited by gadgetguy; 30th Sep 2010 at 14:29.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would love to slow dance, but women don't have a 3rd breast on their backs to hold onto.
    Quote Quote