VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Why is it so hard to find a Capture Card that will work with Windows XP?. Every time I find a card that dose what I want it to do it has Warning all over it that it will not work with Windows XP. OH! I want a card that will save in mpeg and be able to save at 600x400 screen size. Is this to much to ask?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Try the ATI All-in-Wonder 7500 or 8500DV. I have XP and I know your problem. Also, is your motherboard using the VIA chipset? I've read and experienced problems with ATI capture devices and ABIT's VIA chipset. SO if you DO have an abit motherboard, you might not want to try an ATI video card.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    Originally Posted by ShortyMan
    Try the ATI All-in-Wonder 7500 or 8500DV. I have XP and I know your problem. Also, is your motherboard using the VIA chipset? I've read and experienced problems with ATI capture devices and ABIT's VIA chipset. SO if you DO have an abit motherboard, you might not want to try an ATI video card.
    My chipset is a 810e on a socket 370 mothernoard. I checked up on it before I bought. It is old motherboard. The PC is new but if I read right
    the motherboard has a max speed of 600 my CPU is much faster. Think
    a ATI card will work?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a All-In-Wonder radeon (pretty cheap now too if you shop around) and WinXP with an ALi chipset and it works great.
    Quote Quote  
  5. try to install win2k drivers for the cards... in my case it worked
    Quote Quote