VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have imported a .MOV file into Sony Vegas Pro for editing but I don't get any video, only audio. Vegas Pro works well with .AVI files so I converted the .MOV file it to .AVI using Xilisoft Video converter. I then use Adobe Media Encoder to convert it to .F4V format but that fails with an error \winfile.cpp-754. An .AVI file from my old Panasonic camcorder is OK with Media Encoder so the conclusion I draw from this is that there is something wrong or missing in the .AVI file produced by the Xilisoft converter. What is wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What video and audio codec did you choose in xilisoft? if you have no idea then identify the avi with mediainfo.

I would probably choose a lossless codec or mjpeg or dv and convert the mov with xmedia recode, winff or mpeg streamclip.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    What video and audio codec did you choose in xilisoft? if you have no idea then identify the avi with mediainfo.

I would probably choose a lossless codec or mjpeg or dv and convert the mov with xmedia recode, winff or mpeg streamclip.
    The file from my camcorder that works has video codec "DVSD Sony" and audio codec "1 Microsoft".
    The file converted using Xilisoft has video codec "DivX 3 Low" and audio codec "55 MP3"

Maybe I should get a book and learn this with codecs once and for all.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hcs View Post
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

The file from my camcorder that works has video codec "DVSD Sony" and audio codec "1 Microsoft".
    The file converted using Xilisoft has video codec "DivX 3 Low" and audio codec "55 MP3"

Maybe I should get a book and learn this with codecs once and for all.
    I downloaded xmedia recode and converted a mov file which now is accepted by Adobe Media Encoder so it seems to be working now.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVSD is DV AVI video, normal for a camcorder. MOV is a different format. The MS audio codec is probably PCM audio, also normal with a camcorder.

DivX 3 Low is a old format of DivX. That may be your problem. I would use the newer form of DivX. 55 MP3 is the common version of MP3 audio.
    Quote Quote