VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Video Help Community:

After trying everything on my own for the past 48 hours (failed due to very limited skill in this aspect or impossible) to fix a few of my very important video files. I'm glad to find out about this very good forum and seeking help from anyone here or professional help to recover something very important to me.

To cut the story short, I've recorded 2 videos yesterday using my pen voice/video recorder in a meeting (mp4 format) and to only find out after the meeting that only 1 out of 2 files was working. Every time I tried to open the other file it always give "you don't have necessary codec to play". When I tried to download codec, I received this "the file is seriously damage"message instead.

Therefore, please help offer solution to fix this file for me or advice where/how can I seeks help. I'm more than happy to pay for your service. Thanks

PS: Sorry if I have violate any of the terms of services...please advice and I'm more than happy to adjust....

Best Regards,

Leang
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guess you have tried different players? Like VLC, SMPlayer.
    Try also video editors like avidemux and see if it can open the mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure if you need a key (it does say it has a 15day trial) for this to work, but you can try VideoReDo TVSuite V4 with H.264 support. VideoReDo has a quick-fix option.

http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/showthread.php?t=15759

thymej
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could try and salvage the file, it if is indeed damaged, using AtomicParsley.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I guess you have tried different players? Like VLC, SMPlayer.
    Try also video editors like avidemux and see if it can open the mp4.
    Thanks Baldrick...Yes, I did tried many players but no luck. Also tried the video editors you suggested, but got error message "attempt to open fails" and "can not open file"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by thymej View Post
    I'm not sure if you need a key (it does say it has a 15day trial) for this to work, but you can try VideoReDo TVSuite V4 with H.264 support. VideoReDo has a quick-fix option.

http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/showthread.php?t=15759

thymej
    Hi Thymej,

I tried but did work...gave me the same message "can not open file"...please suggest alternative...thanks

Leang
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lowellriggsiam View Post
    You could try and salvage the file, it if is indeed damaged, using AtomicParsley.

Thanks....will try to figure out how to use AtomicParsley but looks very complicated for me.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is the file small enough to post somewhere?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hi lowellriggsiam,

the file is a little over 100MB and I've uploaded on http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PP4J7KX1 if you don't mind take a look at it.

I've also uploaded a good mp4 file (a few MB) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XXC1V4U9 using the same recording device on same day in case you want to look at them as well.....

Much appreciated your help....

Thanks,

Leang
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Guy,

I've searched and found someone with similar problem on a similar discussion forum and other member on that same forum help fixed it using Hex Editor. I've try to contact same member for help and still waiting for reply.

Knowing nothing about Hex Editor, I've downloaded the software and attempted to try it myself for the past 6 hours with no luck. Please check this link on another forum http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1488364&posted=1 with similar post. Thanks

Best Regards,
    Leang Kean
    Quote Quote  
  11. There are services that specialize in fixing files. For example:
    http://www.corruptedfilerepair.com/Recovery/Fix-Damaged-QuickTime-file-MP4.asp
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks jagbo....will try them as well....
    Quote Quote  
  13. I wasn't recommending that particular service. I don't know anything about them. That was just the first one I saw when I did a Google search.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Sure...but I'll have to give them a try anyway....it's not like I have much of an option now
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The issue I am finding is there seems to be no audio or video streams within the mp4 container. At least with the 3gpp file someone had issues with I managed to ressurect some of the pictures.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    lowellriggsiam,

So, you mean no audio or video streams in the 100MB over files? Is there anything else I can do? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  17. Tools and players aren't seeing the video and audio streams because many of the MP4 data structures aren't present. The audio and video streams are obviously there if you look at a hex dump. I noticed that the second half of the file is all zeros. It will take someone who knows the structure of MP4 files well and specializes in fixing them to get anything out of it.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks guy...would someone please help or point me to the right direction? Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    I found a video repairing service @ www.aeroquartet.com

Thanks guy for helping....
    Quote Quote