Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I'm a lousy singer.
    I'm worse.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Studied clasical (think operatic) voice for seven years.
    My one karaoke appearence in Japan went well.
    Andrew Jackson: "It's a poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I could and then I discovered smoking. Apparently it's bad for you health.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Sang in a church choir until my voice broke; nothing like unpredictable squeaking to kill one's confidence. Haven't sung much since.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I can sing but have to be in the mood to do it in public. I hate Karaoke as I always freeze up and get the words wrong, even if it's a song I know.
    Apparently I can't multi-task when I sing, unless it's while driving a car ...

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Constant Gardener View Post
    Sang in a church choir until my voice broke; nothing like unpredictable squeaking to kill one's confidence. Haven't sung much since.
    Okay, I'll 'fess up too, but that's going back a good long way.

Mine broke alright, now I'm a basso profondo, and not so good any more. 35 years of smoking doesn't help either.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 19th Sep 2010 at 18:34. Reason: spelling
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  9. I used to sing quite well, and performed in front of several audiences, although never at a bar. But I gave up singing some time ago and hardly do it at all any more. Mostly just during church, but I'm not in the choir. I can still carry a tune, but I no longer have the breath control that I used to have. I just don't enjoy it any more.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Average within a limited range. Never understood the appeal of Karaoke, either as a participant or as a listener.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I'm a lousy singer.
    That's me as well. I was married in the sixty's./ It didn't work out. But my exwife was always singing. In the kitchen when she was cooking ..in the shower.. and just about everywhere else. Whenever I think about her.... I always think about her singing. After all those years my only comment is that someone who can really sing is really nice to have around the house. When I was younger, I thought everyone except me could sing. I was mistaken.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm a great background singer. Like...if I were in Cleveland...and you stayed where you are...I'd sound fantastic.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'd kill to be able to sing like this guy:
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I guess ok.

However even in rockband and guitar hero I don't sing. I guess I'm too self conscious about it. I don't think I'm bad but I'm not very good. But I think I can at least carry a tune - range is another issue all together
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    I used to sing in a couple bands and a friend of mine was always trying to get me to go sing at bigger venues but I never really cared for the lifestyle. I'd rather do the coffee shop thing or something small and intimate. I used to record myself in the closet (the poor mans recording studio) and play just enough guitar to accompany myself. It's been 10 years or so since I've done anything like that though. I do think of it often though and think it'd be neat to go out there and do something like that again. Sometimes I take out my guitar and realize how terrible I've gotten and how much it hurts my fingers now
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My voice sounds like geese farts on a muggy day.
    Losing one's sense of humor....
    is nothing to laugh at.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was a cafe busker in europe and the states for about 17 years. Singing was kind of a requirement if you wanted to eat. Covering such greats as Bob Dylan and Neil Young, I got pretty good and put on weight.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone up to compiling a nice video of all of us non-signers into one overlapping sound track, maybe we could have a viral video on youtube about how not to sing...he he he I'd be willing to go first.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I sing solo's in church all the time now. Tenor.

34 years old and just started singing in front of people about 6 months ago. I sang at my in-laws wedding vow renewals and everyone was like "Why haven't you been singing before now?" I couldn't hide anymore and the music minister put me on the monthly song rotation.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  20. Eye (ear?) of the ******* beholder. For my type of "music", I "sing" just ******* fine.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've always sung - in church / school as a kid, in the music business - now I'm doing choral music and opera.

When I took my daughter (soprano) to the first rehearsal for an opera she had been invited to sing in, the pianist came up to me and said, "You can sing, right? We need men." and shoved a score at me.

I'd never sung opera before, but it turns out I'm an lyric tenor with a operatic range. I've also learned that tenors are a somewhat rare voice type.

One of the directors of the Honor Choir my daughter sang in last fall, was talking about a hidden explosion in the number of people participating in vocal music.

I wasn't a big fan of opera before I was in one, but I can highly recommend it - lots of beautiful women who can sing like angels and a shortage of men. Some pretty good music, too.
    Quote Quote