VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guys I'm tired of buying $30 blu-ray movies and now would prefer to burn them. To get started I'm not a technology guy so its a waste of time for me to ask 10,000 questions in multiple threads? My questions are below and thanks for any help.

1. I want to burn Blu-ray movies will they work in my Playstation 3?
    2. When you burn a Blu-ray is it an identical copy of one that you would buy at the store....as in video and audio quality? I only ask because I have a dedicated HT room and wanted to make sure my surround would still pick up the DTS audio formats
    3. What software, burners ect... are needed? I want to simply take the blu-ray disc and copy it and then be able to throw my copy into my PS3 and enjoy it. Not trying to do any editing or change anything myself.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    First step....you'll need something like AnyDVD .
    Then your best bet is ImgBurn(to burn).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    First step....you'll need something like AnyDVD .
    Then your best bet is ImgBurn(to burn).
    I'm slightly confused. What does AnyDVD actually do? It looks Imgburn is the burning software that will actually burn the blu-ray material onto the new blu-ray disk. What do you recommend for the actual blu-ray burner....It would be nice if it burned traditional DVD movies as well. Thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    AnyDVD decrypts the disc. You can't just copy a store bought Blu Ray or DVD like you do with an audio CD.....you know that don't you?
    Well...you do now...
    Blu Ray burners are still too expensive for me so I'm not sure who is making the best one so far. I'd imagine they are all backward compatible to DVD burning/reading.
    Oh and you'll need AnyDVD HD to decrypt Blu Ray.
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok okay so anyDVD will decrypt the "blu-ray movie" then imgburn will be the software that writes to the "blu-ray disc I intend to copy on" and then I just need the actually blu-ray burner. Man the last time I did any "burning" of anything it was 2001 and it was off napster music so I am way way way off the tech bandwagon. You say its expensive....is it the cost of the blank blu-ray disc? I've seen where they have single face 25GB and dual sided 50GB disc. Do you know what size disc you would need to burn a movie?
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    AnyDVD decrypts the disc. You can't just copy a store bought Blu Ray or DVD like you do with an audio CD.....you know that don't you?
    Well...you do now...
    Blu Ray burners are still too expensive for me so I'm not sure who is making the best one so far. I'd imagine they are all backward compatible to DVD burning/reading.
    Oh and you'll need AnyDVD HD to decrypt Blu Ray.
    Last edited by ace23; 17th Sep 2010 at 12:44.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Okay looks like the 25GB disc are good for over 2 hours of content but doesn't say much more than that. Also looks like the least expensive ones I could find were $5.50 for BD-RE. I see your point now.....seems like we aren't in the best times for Blu-ray burning.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well if you hold off with Blu Ray burning....at least you now know about ImgBurn....the best burning program on the planet and it is free...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Well if you hold off with Blu Ray burning....at least you now know about ImgBurn....the best burning program on the planet and it is free...
    Yeah at $5.50 a disc I actually wouldn't mind doing that I just need to add up what the anyDVD would decrypt would cost and the cost of the actual burner....$5.50 is still cheaper than $25-30 a pop
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ImgBurn burns everything. CD, DVD and Blu Ray.
    If Blu Ray burners were cheaper I would buy one and buy Blu Ray discs for backing up data...LARGE amounts of data...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    ImgBurn burns everything. CD, DVD and Blu Ray.
    If Blu Ray burners were cheaper I would buy one and buy Blu Ray discs for backing up data...LARGE amounts of data...

Their actually get into the price range of upper DVD burners http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136181 it's just over $100 US. What you paying over there Yank?
    Quote Quote