VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there guys,

I'm working with Premiere CS4, trying to export a F4V video file from the following source files:
    JPG Images only (No videos) in high resolution of 1920x1440 pixels. Total length of the clip
    is about 3 Minutes, with soundtrack.
    I want to export it to a nice 16:9 F4V file or whatever file that delivers excellent quality, but
    does not exceed the size of 30 mega.
    I keep trying but i get bad quality output...

I'd be grateful for any insight and advise!!!

thanks in advance,

Shay
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What settings have you tried? H264 video? Framerate?

But 3 minutes and max 30MB with 1920x1440 wont look that good. It's only around 1mbit/s for the video if you use 128kbit video. Maybe if you use a low framerate.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1920x1440 isn't a standard size nor is it 16x9. use 1920x1080 or 1280x720. make sure you have selected progressive output.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi Baldrick and Aedipuss, and thanks for the reply!

Well to answer your questions first: I tried various settings and framerates (did lots of experiments!).
    I also tried H264 but it gave out stripes on the images. Tried framerates of 30, 25 and 15.

Regarding Aedipuss advise: I will try using 1920x1080, but where do i select progressive output??
    Is it a feature in every Export format?
    I'm using Premiere CS4...

It's really frustrating, cause i got beautiful images in great quality, and the video output looks
    really bad.

All i need is a medium sized 16:9 output that keeps most of the quality. I don't want a full screen sized video.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the size and look which i need. This video was played on VLC, screen 1024x768.

Thanks again guys!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-of-Size-required.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	357.0 KB
ID:	3480  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    in your export settings choose h264 as output progressive is listed as field order in the video tab. for a really easy output template that might work for you choose "youtube widescreen HD".

Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-09-14_224258.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	3482
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi Aedpipuss, and thanks again for the help!

Well, I tried you suggestion, but first of all - I seem not to have that "Youtube Widescreen HD" preset in CS4, so i just inserted the sizes manually.
    The result wasn't that great...but maybe it's because of my initial Project Settings?
    What initial Project settings (when opening the new project) should i use? this if i'm using my images of 1920x1080...

Sorry for lacking the basic knowledge...

thanks!

Shay

Quote Quote