VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm very new to video conversion etc.. I did see that there were some posts on this before but I'm not sure how to implement coding lines.

I'm converting an mp4 into xvid, the picture quality is fantastic but I can't get any sound output.

I'd really appreciate any help, I need to finish a project in the next 36 hours and I'm panacking.

Thanks in advance

Mark
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Socrates,

Many thanks for your reply. I'm not bothered about getting 5.1 audio, I don't mind if its in mp3 or any other format I just can't get it it output any sound on the convertor.

Any ideas how I could do it on ffmpegx ?

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm new to this video- audio authoring. I haven't yet used ffmpegx but if you are not bothered about 5.1 changing to mp3 stereo, then the available free softwares that could help you are- Super, Xvid4PSP and Avidemux. The fastest I guess is Xvid4PSP. All have guides available to help you out. Try any of them out...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In ffmpegX, try converting using the "XviD ffmpeg" preset.
    If it errors with a 0 KB output file, try again with "invert mapping" checked in the Audio tab. That is the solution to the most common cause of 0 KB output when using ffmpeg presets.

--
    When asking for conversion help with ffmpegX, please be detailed about your input file. What does the Summary say about your source file (video codec, resolution, audio codec, sampling rate, number of channels)?

If the conversion fails or the output is lacking something, please also provide the content of the Process Information log. You may access this by clicking the blue "i" in the ffmpegX Progress window after a conversion attempt.
    That output should give fellow forum users a good clue about what exactly happened.
    Quote Quote