VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an LG lcd tv, and I want to connect it to my Dell Inspiron laptop for watching movies. I can connect the video by a monitor (VGA) cable and it's working fine, but the thing is for that, I should put my TV mode to RGB-PC and in this mode the audio doesn't work. (Of course, I've already connected the audio from laptop output to tv input, but it doesn't work in RGB mode)
    For having both video and audio together, I should put the tv to AV mode, but the laptop doesn't have the graphic card video out which works in AV mode.

Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hamid22689 View Post
    I have an LG lcd tv, and I want to connect it to my Dell Inspiron laptop for watching movies. I can connect the video by a monitor (VGA) cable and it's working fine, but the thing is for that, I should put my TV mode to RGB-PC and in this mode the audio doesn't work. (Of course, I've already connected the audio from laptop output to tv input, but it doesn't work in RGB mode)
    For having both video and audio together, I should put the tv to AV mode, but the laptop doesn't have the graphic card video out which works in AV mode.

Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance!
    Most HDTV sets have an audio input associated with the VGA input (see manual). You would connect your laptop headphone minijack to this input.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, but as I said, I can connect laptop headphone to audio input, but it only works when the tv is in av mode. In order to connect the video by VGA cable, I should put the tv in that mode, and the audio is not transfered in this mode. It is also strange fro me, as my TV is a brand new HD tv. (It seems that VGA mode in my tv is designed only for video)

So the only option is to put the tv in AV mode, but the laptop has only the VGA output and doesn't have that video card output which works in AV mode. (I mean the port for the single yellow video jack which is somehow similar to audio jacks, I don't know the name though!) ... Is there any converter for VGA to this port?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, but as I said, I can connect laptop headphone to audio input, but it only works when the tv is in av mode. In order to connect the video by VGA cable, I should put the tv in that mode, and the audio is not transfered in this mode. It is also strange fro me, as my TV is a brand new HD tv. (It seems that VGA mode in my tv is designed only for video)

So the only option is to put the tv in AV mode, but the laptop has only the VGA output and doesn't have that video card output which works in AV mode. (I mean the port for the single yellow video jack which is somehow similar to audio jacks, I don't know the name though!) ... Is there any converter for VGA to this port?
    You need to talk to the TV manufacturer. What is the make and model number?

You can spend $$ for a VGA to SD converter but the video quality will be much less. Better to add powered speakers to the laptop headphone output.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again
    The TV is LG lcd 32" (32LH20)
    I haven't found anything useful in the manual.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again
    The TV is LG lcd 32" (32LH20)
    I haven't found anything useful in the manual.
    The spec sheet for the 32LH200 shows a separate audio input jack associated with the RGB/DVI video input
    http://www.lgsolutions.com/__downloads/pdf/speclh200c051057pr-2.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	LG.jpg
Views:	3340
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	3468
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, you are right. Actually I expected a Left-Right input like AV, and I didn't notice the single stereo input. I really really appreciate your cooperation. It helped a lot.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My LG tv has a VGA input and I want to connect my laptop to watch movies. However, when I press on the "input" button on the remote control there is no choice for VGA. The only choices are TV, AV, Component and HDMI. I can't get the video to show with any of these. Is there a way to activate the VGA? Am I doing something wrong? I am on Windows 7
    Quote Quote