VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How clean do you keep your home?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I keep my place a little messy but i clean it up at times.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I keep my clean with a few things needing to be put away
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I hate throwing out stuff that 'might' be useful someday. Still tons of floppy discs, VHS tapes, old and broken computers and cases. I did finally dump three old computer cases and a W95 Panasonic laptop with a dead battery last week. Still undecided if all that was a good idea.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Here kitty kitty. Kitty? Where are you?
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by freebird73717 View Post
    Here kitty kitty. Kitty? Where are you?
    Couldn't say it any better myself.

I have 3 spare bedrooms and 4 separate outbuildings, so even I haven't run out of space yet. And if I ever do, I'll just put up another bldg.

Oh! I do like my stuff. Geo Carlin said it best.. "when it's mine it's stuff. When it's yours...it's junk".

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    I hate throwing out stuff that 'might' be useful someday. Still tons of floppy discs, VHS tapes, old and broken computers and cases. I did finally dump three old computer cases and a W95 Panasonic laptop with a dead battery last week. Still undecided if all that was a good idea.
    OMG i've got a twin!!
    Looking for subtitles of: Höök tt0997023, Lime tt0269480, La clé sur la porte tt0077348. tt=iMDb.com Found Desideria tt0081724 subtitle! :-)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's a bit of clutter in my office at home, but the rest of the house is the wife's domain, and you'd better believe it has to be ship-shape, or their ain't no lovin' tonight.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If I haven't read or used in the previous 12 months out it goes! No clutter - clean lines and everything has a place and they go back after use. Yep I'm a classic anal. Uber tidy
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  9. I keep the 'public areas' like the living room, bathrooms and kitchen clean and relatively uncluttered. My office is an organized stockyard of disorganized things all arranged in useful and artistic piles.
    I do the picking up after my wife who comes home like a cloud of papers and packages and shoes blowing down a street.
    We hired a bi-monthly housekeeper a few years ago so we wouldn't kill each other over chores and general cleaning up, it's probably saved our marriage In between I clean as I go and she cleans only when she feels overwhelmed by the clutter.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  10. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Ever seen the apartment of Nene Romanova in "Bubblegum Crisis 2040" ?
    Yep, mine is a little worse than that.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Man found dead in Evanston fire was trapped by clutter

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/12/man-dies-in-evanston-house-fire.html

found the man under about 3 feet of debris in the home's living room, about 10 feet from the front door
    which one of you is next. you filthy animals

Thelma Gaston and her husband, Jesse -- both in their 70s -- had been found buried alive under mounds of trash and debris in their South Side home, possibly for as long as three weeks.
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/world/couple-found-buried-alive-in-trash-at-chicago-h...-94904304.html
    Last edited by MJA; 13th Sep 2010 at 10:42.
    Quote Quote  
  12. If we need to clean up our place, that means we are going to have a vistor, or there is a kid sleep-over scheduled.

or else, it does not matter how many closets or storage bins we have, our place always have some things laying around, in most of the rooms. !! Did I mentioned shoes !! Yes, ladies' shoes are every where !!

[QUOTE=cal_tony;2017504]
    Originally Posted by freebird73717 View Post
    Oh! I do like my stuff. Geo Carlin said it best.. "when it's mine it's stuff. When it's yours...it's junk".
    Tony
    VERY VERY NEW JERSEY!
    Last edited by SingSing; 13th Sep 2010 at 11:43.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Even my teenage daughter agrees with the George Carlin thing! But she LOVES her shoes, clothes, makeup, etc... and you CANNOT get rid of ANY of it!
    Old ICBM Coordinates: 39 45' 0.0224" N 89 43' 1.7548" W. New coordinates: 39 47' 48.0" N 89 38' 35.7548" W.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "messy" is in the eye of the beholder. I dust and vac most weeks. Don't tolerate spiders or their webs.
    Last edited by edDV; 13th Sep 2010 at 20:44.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote