VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I run win 7 and have two media players within - Jet audio and WMP 12
    I have several files with an extension mov. Some mov files play even on wmp 12
    the codec details of those that do not play (as viewed in G-Spot) are given below
    - raw (uncompressed RGB)
    - png (apple png)
    - rle (QT animation rle)

What player or codec pack can i download (apart from quicktime) that will play he abobe odd formats ?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quicktime Alternative? :P (Though, it's odd - your computer details say you're using Win98, which would rule out QTA quite a bit - yet you're using Windows Media Player 12...)

VLC might be able to play the files. Maybe. Also, you could try mplayer. But, again, no guarantees.

For getting information on videos other than AVI and MPEG, use MediaInfo. GSpot's support for video containers other than AVI and MPEG is rather limited, and likely won't give you as many details on other formats.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    I run win 7 and have two media players within - Jet audio and WMP 12
    I have several files with an extension mov. Some mov files play even on wmp 12
    the codec details of those that do not play (as viewed in G-Spot) are given below
    - raw (uncompressed RGB)
    - png (apple png)
    - rle (QT animation rle)

What player or codec pack can i download (apart from quicktime) that will play he abobe odd formats ?

Thank you
    I use https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Media_Player_Classic_Home_Cinema
    on .Mov files all the time, with good results. Haven't run into any yet that would not play in this player, but maybe I haven't run into any examples that use the codecs you mentioned (?)
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VirtualDub isn't technically a video player, but I found a plugin from a link on this site that will allow VirtualDub to open MOV and MP4 files. Click tools then search for VirtualDub or MP4.

CogoSWSDS
    Old ICBM Coordinates: 39 45' 0.0224" N 89 43' 1.7548" W. New coordinates: 39 47' 48.0" N 89 38' 35.7548" W.
    Quote Quote