VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ey ppls

I was wondering what 'mpeg-2 encoder' you use to convert avi (xvid or divx) to mpeg-2?

;]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    HCEnc - it is free. But you have to know how to write simple AviSynth scripts to get HCEnc to encode those files as HCEnc can open AviSynth scripts, but it can't directly open Xvid or Divx files.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    You can use AVStoDVD, select the HC encoder and have it output as a muxed mpeg2 file instead of a finished dvd-video. Its an easy way to use HC if you don't want to use AviSynth scripts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I usually use format factory and whatever its internal system is. That is for some anime stuff I get online and a bunch of flv videos I download off places like youtube and whatnot.

For high def I use either ripbot to make mkvs or avstodvd for dvd output (hcenc)
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HCEnc
    high quality even at low bitrates.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    HCEnc - it is free. But you have to know how to write simple AviSynth scripts to get HCEnc to encode
    Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    HCEnc
    high quality even at low bitrates.
    +1
    HCenc is the best free MPEG2 encoder and version 0.24 has just been released three days ago.
    Quote Quote