VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use CapDVHS to cap stuff off my cable box. And about a week ago, all of a sudden it stopped working. It could be for many reasons, none of which I know how to test and use deduction to get to the bottom of. I'll give you some details and hopefully someone will have the patience to guide a noob through the process.

I use an HP computer, and a 6 pin to 6 pin firewire cable that goes to my motorola cable box. It worked as I said up until about a week ago when it very suddenly stopped reading. I don't know if it's the cable or the firewire port it self. I suspect the latter as the port itself barely holds the firewire cable and it can just fall out of the port with minor wiggling of my computer. However in the past once the firewire cable was in, it worked perfectly. Now it's not. I went to Device Manager and disabled and reenabled the drive. It also says, "This device is working properly" though I beg to differ. Any help on getting this bad boy reworking would be awesome and very appreciated.

Also if all else fails can you reinstall the firewire drive with a new one?

Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. johnebadbak_70
    Search Comp PM
    try in device manager uninstall the offending device reboot and let windows reinstall the drivers for you.Other wise a complete uninstall of the capture software from "add/remove programs" then reboot and install the program again..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johnebadbak_70 View Post
    try in device manager uninstall the offending device reboot and let windows reinstall the drivers for you.Other wise a complete uninstall of the capture software from "add/remove programs" then reboot and install the program again..
    Well I tried this and the same thing is happening. I'm starting to think it might be the cord, but I just don't see why it would stop working so suddenly.
    Quote Quote