VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Do you have a stereo system?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have a sherwood 5.1 receiver with a powered subwoofer.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sony 5.1 surround receiver, STR-K750P, 15" stereo speakers, (2) 10" Polk subwoofers, Polk center channel, Sony rear surround speakers. I use it with my computers, WDTV and Sony DVD changers. Best part, since I live in a house, I can turn it up.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Tandberg 2075 receiver and ESS AMT 1A speakers - but they're far from the TV, which has to make do with little tiddly built-in speakers. Oh, the shame.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1019 Ah Pioneer Receiver, 10" HSU sub, 6" polk audio front and surround speakers and a 10" Akai center speaker
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    System 1: Dynaco PAS-3 preamp plus Dynaco Stereo 120 amp driving a pair of AR3 speakers, Thorens TD 124 turn-table with Grado walnut tone-arm and Sure cartridge.

System 2: Marantz Receiver driving a pair of Advent 2s, JVC dual tape deck, Sony DVD/CD player.

All antiques but sounding just fine.
    Last edited by Verify; 7th Sep 2010 at 23:38.
    Andrew Jackson: "It's a poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have 2 systems, first is the home theater setup - Onkyo 5.1 receiver with US Audio Speakers in the lounge with my 42" LCD. The second is a 7.1 setup on the PC, it is only a cheap and nasty Radio Shack setup, but is good for playing games and stuff as I don't need high volume.

I have the setup on the PC as I use a HD DVBT card for recording shows. I'm a cheap a$$ and can't see the point of getting a recorder for the lounge when the PC will do it. Have 3 PCs with HD cards in them, so everyone in the family can watch what they want and record what they want
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a 5.1 sony receiver from awhile back. Pre HMDI unfortunately. But it is still kicking with 1 fiber optic in and 1 digital coax in (SPDIF).
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote