VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a JVC Everio HD AVCHD camera. I love the camera and I think it takes great footage! My problem is it seems when exported it shows "jaggies". I dont know if I export it the wrong way. I do have Adobe CS5 Premiere and After Effects. I have tried various converters (pavtube, xilisoft, etc) and still get the same results. I can export as a .mov, .wmv, divx, etc...all with the same result!

The type of file that this camera produces is an avchd file also known as an .mts file. I can watch the footage in the Everio software that my camera came with, and it looks GREAT! But sqay I want to edit it some, what do I need to do?

Could someone help me get educated on what settings I need to pay attention to? I have attached an example image to show you the "jaggy" appearance!

Thanks in advance!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	example.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	361.2 KB
ID:	3389  

Quote Quote  
  2. Looks like wrong sequence settings or export settings , and a bad interlaced resize

You should use settings that match your footage

You can edit AVCHD natively in CS5 . If you have a cuda enabled card it should be very snappy with the Mercury Playback Engine
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Go to Premiere help and follow directions for editing AVCHD.

Or, go to Cineform for neoscene digital intermediate.

And why is the picture SD? Is SD the goal?
    Last edited by edDV; 5th Sep 2010 at 18:16.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  4. I just made the image smaller for uploading purposes! I will look into Premiere settings. Now say I want to go into premiere and export out a "master" file to edit at a later time or to bring into After Effects, which format would be best to maintain quality? Quicktime animation? uncompressed AVI?
    Quote Quote  
  5. On windows, uncompressed avi . If you need to preserve alpha channel then quicktime animation, or huffyuv in rgba mode

For the settings , e.g. if you shot 1080i60 AVCHD, you would use the corresponding sequence setting preset . Unless you had specific goal , you would use the same for export settings. (e.g. if your goal was youtube , you would deinterlace upon export)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Project set 1080i60 to match AVCHD resolution. Export encode to same settings for smart render.

The line tears in the sample image resulted from improper vertical resize of the interlace timeline. Best to export native AVCHD for edit master archive and Blu-Ray. Then resize for DVD using AVIsynth.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote