VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know of a simple to follow skin airbrushing tutorial for a grayscale photo? Actually, it can be for color too because it's a color photo going into a black and white magazine.. I just need something simple and quick, doesn't have to be award-winning...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Found this one via a Google search on "airbrush tutorial" . . . . . Lots of others available, but I liked the photo used in this tutorial!

http://www.sxc.hu/blog/post/476
    Quote Quote  
  3. Spot healing brush is great, or get hold of Noise Ninja, which works great straight out of the box (defaults). It smooths & denoises while maintaining sharpness & detail, the algorithm is very sophisticated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most editing by model photographers is done by way of layer mergers and alterations to various layers.
    This is what you need to do: http://www.garageglamour.com/tips/articles/snapshots.php

Rolando Gomez is a known expert in the area of model photography.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you; I found a fairly simple tutorial using just one layer and some blurring. For what I needed, it worked well!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sdsumike619 View Post
    Thank you; I found a fairly simple tutorial using just one layer and some blurring. For what I needed, it worked well!
    What did you find?

-
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't find the exact one I followed, but I went on youtube and typed in something like photoshop smooth skin tutorial
    A lot of results come up which is why I can't find the one I used, but there's plenty in there that will walk you through it step by step..
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A *very* easy option is to use a service like peachd.com
    They do they airbrushing for you for $1/photo. (that might have been a special intro price, I'm not sure).

You can see a preview before you buy it - so not really any risk.
    Quote Quote