VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have .m2ts files with DTS-HD in it.
    But my receiver can only handle normal DTS. How can I send DTS to my receiver and not DTS-HD?
    Has anyone found a good working solution with ffdshow?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Dunno, haven't kept up with that aspect of ffdshow. What do you have, bare *.m2ts files or Blu-Ray rips?

You can convert the audio with eac3to and output a new file. For example, if it's a Blu-Ray structure, use an eac3to front-end like ClownBD to output main movie, specifying that it use the core audio, which would give you DTS. Or convert to AC3 if you like. Video would be unconverted, simply copied. As an alternative, you could use EAC3toGUI, which is a little more complicated.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, they are BluRay rips.
    Ideally, I would like to play these files/Blurays in MediaPortal with the use of ffdshow audio decoder.
    With that I don't want to brake spdif for normal DD and DTS.
    Now I'm new at this, so do I understand correctly that with your solution with ClownBD, you convert the original folder and you get new, identical files and folders, but with DTS sound instead of DTS-HD, correct? Because that would be an ok solution for now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, you understood correctly. What you end up with is a reauthored Blu-Ray folder, identical video, DTS audio rather than DTS-HD, chapters, and with subs if you specify them. (Main movie, no menus, although if you really wanted to you could re-insert the new *.m2ts file into the original with a little work.) It will take ClownBD, oh, a half hour or so per rip I should think.

Dunno about MediaPortal, I just use TME in my HTPC, so ArcSoft decoders are used rather than ffdshow.

Personally, unless there's a good reason (episode discs) to keep menus, I just run DVDFabPasskey in the background and rip main movie with ClownBD right from the start. That speeds up the ripping a fair bit when you don't have to copy all the forced trailers, menus, crap extras, etc.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote