VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I changed today the monitor of my PC, having and TV connected with the PC. Now, using the new monitor, the Start button and the Windows taskbar don't appear on both displays, but only on the monitor view. How that is possible?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You probably have an Extended Desktop rather than a Cloned Display. Check the monitor setup for your video card.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have made multiplay displays from Nvidia panel
    Quote Quote  
  4. As Nelson37 pointed out your setup has switched from clone mode (same on both monitors) to extended mode (one big desktop spread over two monitors). Switch it back to clone mode with the Nvidia Control Panel:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ncp.png
Views:	350
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	3367
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    As Nelson37 pointed out your setup has switched from clone mode (same on both monitors) to extended mode (one big desktop spread over two monitors). Switch it back to clone mode with the Nvidia setup applet.
    Is already cloned ( clone displays)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Then I suspect your HDTV is the one where you can't see the Start bar -- the TV's overscan leaves the Start bar outside the visible frame. Your TV may have a non-overscan mode to eliminate the problem. Otherwise you may have to switch to VGA (most TV's don't overscan the VGA input because they know it's from a computer where you need to see the entire desktop).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Then I suspect your HDTV is the one where you can't see the Start bar -- the TV's overscan leaves the Start bar outside the visible frame. Your TV may have a non-overscan mode to eliminate the problem. Otherwise you may have to switch to VGA (most TV's don't overscan the VGA input because they know it's from a computer where you need to see the entire desktop).
    My old monitor was working with VGA connection and TV with HDMI. Now, the new monitor has DVI connection with PC and the TV the same HDMI
    Quote Quote  
  8. On which is the Start bar not visible? What are the resolutions of the two devices?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    On which is the Start bar not visible? What are the resolutions of the two devices?

The Start bar is not visible at TV. The resolution is 1080 at both of them monitor and TV
    Quote Quote  
  10. Like I said earlier, if you can, set the TV to a non-overscan mode.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Like I said earlier, if you can, set the TV to a non-overscan mode.
    How to do that?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Depends on your TV. On my Samsung there's a button to set the aspect ratio: 4:3, 16:9, JustScan (16:9 with no overscan), Zoom, etc.

If your TV doesn't have that ability you have to use overscan compensation at the graphics card.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ok. I just tried just scan and the problem is solved, but the fit is little bit strange. Anyhow, thanks a lot my friend for your help.
    Quote Quote