VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I've recently bought a Philips BDP7500BL and I'm using my 2,5" External HD (formatted as FAT32) to store my videos and movies. Most of the videos and DVDrips works just fine, but I'm having some issues trying to play few big (8+ gb) .mkv files encoded in h264. The player is capable of reading h264 files as long as they are not in a mkv container (although it can read mkv files if the video track is encoded in mpeg). So I tried to demux the files with MKVExtract, convert the video track in avi with avc2avi and mux it again together with the audio track with VirtualDUB but when i try to import the tracks in VirtualDUB, it gives some "index missing" error and the final video loses any seeking capability. Where did I mess up in the process?Are there faster and more "automated" way to do this?And - last question - how do I split the final file in 4gb parts to copy them on my external hd?
    Thank you for your help!!

P.S:Sorry for my English, I'm from Italy ^^
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does it support mp4 or m2ts(AVCHD/blu-ray)? Then try gotsent or mkv2vob or multiavchd. They can also split the files to 4gb.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Does it support mp4 or m2ts(AVCHD/blu-ray)? Then try gotsent or mkv2vob or multiavchd. They can also split the files to 4gb.
    As far as the manual says, it should support AVCHD, so I'll try multiavchd and let you know how it goes, thanks!

EDIT:I'm trying the software with the PS3 compatibility as output, but it's making some weird sounds and it says that the audio codec (AAC) is not supported and the video height is not compliant...wish me luck xD
    Last edited by Flashgun; 1st Sep 2010 at 10:45.
    Quote Quote