VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all.. totally desperado over here.. shot a wedding over the weekend & found that, upon playback, some of my footage is corrupt. Of course, this had to be DURING the ceremony.. !!

Used Canon HF-S200, so am dealing with MTS files that need repairing.

I'm trying Video-fixer right now... but not really sure if it is going to repair MTS (not listed).

Anyone know if there are is any new software out there that includes repair of damaged/corrupt MTS files specifically?

** that was the short of it... a few more details: shot on new SDHC 32 GB Class 10 card, all pre-ceremony shorter takes were fine... prob. began during ceremony (long 1 hr take). No error messages during recording.. all looked normal. After ceremony, paused cam then shot about 5 more shorter takes in church (15 - 30 sec). Then powered cam down, went outside to get shot of them exiting church - powered back on & shot another short take (20 sec) - this one works fine... then the last 5 short takes (clips) all do not play back.

The AVCHD format divides up the footage - so the long 1 hr take was divided up into approx. 17 min (2 GB) clips... the 1st one plays to about 10 min then sticks...the other 3 do not play back at all.

I've tried many different things... Cardrecovery (-$40 so far), Photorescue.. tried converting footage (handbrake).. brought into FCP using Log & Transfer to see if it would show up on preview - NO & would not import bad clips... So... looking for VIDEO FIX software...

ANY ideas are much much appreciated!!!!
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our mac section. This is not news...
    Quote Quote  
  3. sorry bout that.. wasn't sure what section it should be under.. Media? Also, thought that it since i was looking for new software.... sorry!
    Quote Quote  
  4. (not sure I well understood your problem)

if you cannot access to the end of your rushes, just trim the begining and try again. I explain:
    - all your rushes have an "EndOfFile" tag
    - when a soft reaches it, it stop the importation
    - But, some circonstances (eg: a violent light like a flash) can write an pseudo-"EOF" tag too inside the video (and the soft thinks it reaches the end and stop)

So if you trim/cut after the tag (=the stop) you can access to the remaining file (PS: the system tool "dd" can do it)

And if I understood nothing, forget my answer (I'm not native english speaker )
    bye
    For DVD, iPad, HD, connected TV, … iMovie & FCPX? MovieConverter-Studio 3 (01/24/2015) - Handle your camcorder's videos? even in 60p or 60i? do a slow-motion? MovieCam.
    Quote Quote