VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a 720P MKV video file which I have also download. The MKV does not have an subs attached to it, nor am I able to find the excact subs for that MKV. Though I have download a DVDrip SRT file which has what I am looking for, but both files donot sync to each other. Words appear few seconds after spoken audio, I need to sync these 2 files.

How do I go about and do this?? Please keep in mind that I need to do this for about 50 more MKV files.

Thanks

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hbelouf View Post
    I have a 720P MKV video file which I have also download. The MKV does not have an subs attached to it, nor am I able to find the excact subs for that MKV. Though I have download a DVDrip SRT file which has what I am looking for, but both files donot sync to each other. Words appear few seconds after spoken audio, I need to sync these 2 files.

How do I go about and do this?? Please keep in mind that I need to do this for about 50 more MKV files.

Thanks

Firstly are you absolutely sure the MKV's don't have internal subs? VLC will play them if they do otherwise you have a very long job ahead of you You can adjust the timing of the SRT subs in programs like Subtitle Workshop or SubtitleEdit or VisualSubSync and of course many others. You could also do a search using the parameters "Subtitles [exact name of the mkv file inluding the suffix mkv]" You might find a few
    good luck
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, defintley postive that MKV does not have any subs in it, Is there any way this process be automated and/or simplifed.

thanks
    Quote Quote