VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello.

I was wondering if it would be possible to use another program, in conjunction with DVD Decryptor, to remove some of the newer dvd encryption protections?

You know, like a program to decode the protection, which then could be sent to DVD Decryptor to rip to the HD...

BTW - I've read through the stickies.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AnyDVD? DVDFab has a similar product, but I can't remember the name of it at the moment. For now, it's free while it's in beta.

(Edit: It's DVDFab Passkey. But why not use, say, DVDFab rather than DVD Decrypter for ripping? I'm not saying you have to get rid of DVD Decrypter.)
    Last edited by Ai Haibara; 25th Aug 2010 at 16:14.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Take a look at DVDFab . . . . DVD Decrypter hasn't been updated in a long time and won't be. (Incorrect: The developer went to work for Nero on its Recode program. Should have cited DVDShrink, as pointed out in later e-mail.)

And, although it won't be updated, either, RipIt4Me still handles an amazingly large number of conversions, although the newer encryptions sometimes (but not always) thwart it.

Bottom line: You can benefit from having several tools available.
    Last edited by CobraPilot; 26th Aug 2010 at 12:39. Reason: Clarification
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any free alternatives, besides the 'RipIt4Me'?

I'll check out the DVDFabPasskey, even though it's a trial.
    Quote Quote  
  5. DVD Fab has a freeware version. Use it to remove copy protection (to a folder on your HD), then feed those files into DVD Shrink if you're trying to reduce a DL disc to a SL disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CobraPilot View Post
    DVD Decrypter hasn't been updated in a long time and won't be. (The developer went to work for Nero on its Recode program.)
    You're thinking of DVD Shrink's author. DVD Decrypter's author, Lightning UK, has since created Imgburn.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ai Haibara, you are, of course, 100% correct.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was going to rip the dvd's chapters/episodes to the HD, and then convert them to different files formats.

Thanks for all the help finding the right software. It saved me some time...
    Quote Quote