VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does anybody have any experience with downloading Youtube videos? I've used Mactubes before but now I'm not sure why it doesn't work. Does anybody knows of any other Mac software that can successfully download Youtube videos?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Firefox with the Video DownloadHelper add-on.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have that but it needs a converter like FFmpeg and I believe this is for windows.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tee jay View Post
    I have that but it needs a converter like FFmpeg and I believe this is for windows.
    The converter isn't needed. Turn off Conversion in menu Tools > DownloadHelper > Preferences, and just use Download to get your FLV (or MP4 if available).
    Conversion with ffmpeg is possible using a compiled (for Mac OS) binary, as found as part of some conversion apps (or you can compile your own).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I still use keepvid.com for Youtube videos.

I also own ReplayMediaCatcher, which I use for other sites.
    Works well, worth the $40 low cost.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  6. if you use the last version of safari, use this free extension to download files from youtube: "YouTube Video Downloader"
    this extension adds a download menu inside the youtube page (and you can choose the quality you prefer too )

bye
    For DVD, iPad, HD, connected TV, … iMovie & FCPX? MovieConverter-Studio 3 (01/24/2015) - Handle your camcorder's videos? even in 60p or 60i? do a slow-motion? MovieCam.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use DownloadHelper (a Firefox add-on) as it gives me a chance to DL the HQ18 (or other HQ content) instead of just the FLV. If I even need to do any conversion, MPEG Streamclip works just fine.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks everybody for the info. I tried DownloadHelper for firefox before but it doesn't seem to work.
    Quote Quote  
  9. You can try any from HERE
    Quote Quote