VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I'm using vista 64 and I've been trying Camstudio and BSR recorder. I can capture video fine but not audio. I tried the record from speakers and select stereo mix but nothing is working. Today I bought a male to male 3.5mm stereo cable and plugged it from speaker out to line in and am trying that but I don't think I have it configured properly. I am currently using optical out to my 5.1 surround receiver for my pc, but I want to be able to hear and record streaming video from the screen at the same time.

Any ideas or tips on how I can accomplish this?

Thanks
    Nick
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you see the realtek hd audio manager icon ... displayed normally down near the systems clock along with systems sound icon.

If so and you have the system sounds set to stereo mix for recording you should check the realtek hd audio manager > mixer > record is below > click the little dot below the stereo mix volume adjuster to set it as master input.

Try again

It's a dam nuisance having two places to configure but once you've got it working just write a note and save it somewhere in case you ever need to reinstall the os.
    Quote Quote