VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Has anybody else noticed this yet?

JVC SR-HD1500US Blu-Ray Disc and HDD Recorder
    $1,999 from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030DH1HY?ie=UTF8&tag=thdifa-20&linkCode=as2&camp=17...SIN=B0030DH1HY

• Built-in professional Blu-ray Recorder Internal 500GB hard disk for editing, duplicating
    • Create professional BDMV (with menu) or BDAV format discs Stores up to 24 hours of HD (AE mode using dual-layer 50GB dis
    • Supports BD-R or BD-RE (erasable) Blu-ray discs..Authors discs with auto-start or repeat playback
    • Digital and analog inputs for wide compatibility
    • Flexible monitoring via HDMI, component output RS-232C terminal for external control
    Supposedly it's been out since December 2009, but I've never heard of it before today.

Not any reviews anywhere, either. (Good ones or worthless ones!)

Interesting!
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  2. or........

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030DH1I8/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A2YLYLTN75J8LR

bit suprised, the DVD recorder didn;t work in the USA so dunno what makes them think this will.

I am VERY unlikely to go Blu Ray, quite happy with upconverting dvd's
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I went to J&R's website and then JVC's. This device has no component inputs and no tuners as far as I can tell. As lordsmurf wrote, the only practical use seems to be recording, editing, and authoring HD video from camcorders to BD and duplicating DVDs and BDs that aren't copy protected. It may be a useful device for some professional videographers.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 19th Aug 2010 at 22:11. Reason: added missing word
    Quote Quote