VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some mkv files that come with their idx/sub subtitle files. How can I hard subtitle them so that mkv2vob
    can convert them to Ps3 playable files?

I am current able to use mkvmerge to put srt and mkv together. Then use mkv2vob to make them into files that PS3 can play.
    But when I use mkvmerge to put idx and mkv together, the resulting file can not be recognized by mkv2vob due to unknown subtitle.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Install multiavchd and load the file and add the idx in the transcode window and choose the hardcode the subs which will need re-encoding the file.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for the information. I was able to produce the resulting file that played with the idx/sub subtitle in a PS3.
    Is there a way to batch convert the files with this program? also is there a way to just have the resulting MTS file by itself instead of having the Blue-Ray structured files and folders? If not I will just pick out the MTS file and get rid of the other unneeded folders and file since I am not looking to make a Blue Ray disk.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's not a tool for batch conversions but you can hard code subs into .mkv with it. Quick AVI Creator. After it demuxes it will pop up AvsP editor so you can add filters. Assuming your idx/sub subtitles are named "movie.idx" and "movie.sub" add these 2 lines just before the last line of the script:
    LoadPlugin("VSFilter.dll")
    VobSub("movie")

For idx/sub you don't need an extension. Just the base name. Although you can probably add the extension if you like, but I've always done it with no extension for idx/sub and it's never given me a problem.

Quick AVI Creator uses x264 for encoding .mkv and it produces good results in one pass.
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
    It's not a tool for batch conversions but you can hard code subs into .mkv with it. Quick AVI Creator. After it demuxes it will pop up AvsP editor so you can add filters. Assuming your idx/sub subtitles are named "movie.idx" and "movie.sub" add these 2 lines just before the last line of the script:
    LoadPlugin("VSFilter.dll")
    VobSub("movie")

For idx/sub you don't need an extension. Just the base name. Although you can probably add the extension if you like, but I've always done it with no extension for idx/sub and it's never given me a problem.

Quick AVI Creator uses x264 for encoding .mkv and it produces good results in one pass.

Thank you for the info. I tried Quick AVI Creator also but the speed is slower and quality of the resulting file is not as good as the original HD file. For now I think multiAVCHD is a better choice for me since doing batch files is very easy and the file produced retains the high definition. Thanks everyone for the inputs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. hi!
    I'm sorry, but could anyone tell me why mkvmergegui wont recognize the .sub subtitles? It only lets me add the .srt files?
    If I add those, my sony bd player can't recognize the movie at all.
    Thank you
    Quote Quote