VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Does anybody know much about the sumvision mkv enclosure player? Basically I am trying to figure out how to connect it to the internet to access the bbc functions etc. It's not clear on the manual and as far as i'm aware there is no contact number to contact sumvision directly to ask them.

Also on the menu there is a feature called 'external dvd' what's this all about?

thanks in advance for your answers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    External DVD probably means a portable USB DVD drive so you can play DVDs without ripping them.

As for the internet - how are you connecting it to your router - ethernet or wireless ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi thanks for your advice,

I have a wireless internet connection. I have a router and all that. The thing is I connected my wii to wireless without any problems, but I don't know maybe I need some sort of adapter to connect the mkv enclosure, this is where i'm unsure. the enclosure doesn't detect the wireless internet.

By external dvd you mean dvd flash drive? How does this work excactly? Sorry but I am new to all this stuff.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I mean an external DVD drive with a USB cable. Basically a laptop drive with it's own slimline case. It just acts like a DVD drive, with the mkv enclosure doing all the playback work.

Yes, you need to buy a wireless dongle for the enclosure for it to detect your wireless router. As you cannot install drivers for it, you will probably be restricted to buying one from sumvision, or from a list of devices that they have tested and support. Check their website or your manual for a list (website will be more up to date)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote