VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a Funia SV2000 WV10D6(model) DVD recorder/player. I have burned a few DVD's from my computer in DVD format and they won't play on the Funai unit. It just says Disk Error.

I am using a RW DVD+R 4.7 gb 1-16x disk for burning

I have researched the formats the unit should play, and according to the owners manual burning in a DVD format should play on the unit but it doesn't. I've tried to play it on another unit and I get video but no sound. don't know if that says anything

Any suggestions? Am I missing some type of format problem when I am burning the DVD?
    Still works great on the PC after I burn it just not on the funai recorder/player
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What process did you use to make the dvds? It could be anything from failing to finalise the dvds to the brand of the blank dvd, or even the "+" or "-". The first things I'd do is try a different brand of blank dvd, and make sure it's being finalised. But since you indicated you are using rw discs, I try using a different brand of disc.
    Last edited by lowellriggsiam; 12th Aug 2010 at 00:56.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lowellriggsiam View Post
    What process did you use to make the dvds? It could be anything from failing to finalise the dvds to the brand of the blank dvd, or even the "+" or "-". The first things I'd do is try a different brand of blank dvd, and make sure it's being finalised. But since you indicated you are using rw discs, I try using a different brand of disc.
    I used a video converter to convert the file to a DVD NTSC format. Than I used Windows media player to burn the DVD. And yes the WMP is finalizing the DVD.
    If none of that is the issue, than what brand of DVD and what kind (R, RW, RWL) would you recommend?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Being that your first attempt was unsucessful just a different brand. There has been many debates about the best to use and there is no concesus. I have no issues using Sony, TDK, Panasonic, or Verbatum. I mostly use +R, but have found that most older dvd players had better -R compatibility. I didn't catch if you said that you pc was playing them well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by 81artmonk View Post
    i used a video converter to convert the file to a dvd ntsc format
    what program!!!????!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I did not realise that Windows Media Player could burn a DVD disk ????????????????????
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    I did not realise that Windows Media Player could burn a DVD disk ????????????????????
    That's news to me too, which makes me wonder about the information we've been given.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    i used a video converter to convert the file to a dvd ntsc format
    what program!!!????!!!!
    I used AnyVideo Converter to convert the file I downloaded (avi) into a DVD NTSC file. Than I used WMP to burn the file.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    According to WMP in the burn menu you can select Data CD or DVD.

Since this seems to be a question, I might ask, what is the right way to get a downloaded file burned into DVD format so one can watch it by playing that file on your DVD player.

It appears that maybe I might even be going about this the wrong way. I assumed that you convert the downloaded file into something your DVD player can read and than burn it. However this appears to be the wrong way....I don't know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are simply using Windows Media Player and not Windows DVD Maker (that is for Vista and Win7) it can not make a standard DVD disk.

It makes a DATA disk which is simply the file you converted and burnt on to the disk. DVD players will only support certain formats such as Divx or Xvid. Anything that is not supported by your player will give an error. Your PC will play the disk quite fione as it just treats the disk like any other one and playes the file that you burnt in the player you chose supported by the appropiate codec(s).

To anser your question, we had a topic about this a few days ago. If you cannot find it, the simplest (and free) program to make a DVD disk guaranteed to play in your player is DVDFlick.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    If you are simply using Windows Media Player and not Windows DVD Maker (that is for Vista and Win7) it can not make a standard DVD disk.

It makes a DATA disk which is simply the file you converted and burnt on to the disk. DVD players will only support certain formats such as Divx or Xvid. Anything that is not supported by your player will give an error. Your PC will play the disk quite fione as it just treats the disk like any other one and playes the file that you burnt in the player you chose supported by the appropiate codec(s).

To anser your question, we had a topic about this a few days ago. If you cannot find it, the simplest (and free) program to make a DVD disk guaranteed to play in your player is DVDFlick.
    Thanks. Talked with a tech friend of mine, and he suggested Daniusoft. He uses it and says it's the best he's found that works without issues on most of his devices. From DVD's to iphones to driod.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good luck with that.

But just ask yourself one question. The tools section of this site lists DVD creation programs costing between $0 and $1000(or more). It makes no mention of anything of this. You will not lose much by spending $25 but I would have thought that this website would have least given it a mention had it been worth it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Good luck with that.

But just ask yourself one question. The tools section of this site lists DVD creation programs costing between $0 and $1000(or more). It makes no mention of anything of this. You will not lose much by spending $25 but I would have thought that this website would have least given it a mention had it been worth it.

All I'm saying is that it's a program he likes and has used that hasn't given him any kind of issues with regard to glitches or errors on other devices. nothing more, nothing less.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good luck with that.........

All I'm saying is that it's a program he likes and has used that hasn't given him any kind of issues with regard to glitches or errors on other devices. nothing more, nothing less.
    I would expect that any program that calls itself DVD creation software would have to do that for the bare minimum.

My comment just relates to the simple fact that no mention of this is within the site and I would have expected that. So I just wonder whether it is a 're-badged' version of another program albeit an earlier version. Not unknown and one does seem to be getting a lot for your 25 bucks.

I can not comment on the actual program and have no use to try it myself already having several authoring programs costing between $0 and $300. Yet I am sure that the site would benefit from the experience of some actual use and its inclusion in the tools section.
    Quote Quote