VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using the latest version (4.1 - 762), I'm stripping content from blu-rays. So first I read the blu-ray to an ISO image on the HD, then mount the image to virtual clone drive - all good.

I load up M-AVCHD, read in the BDMV folder, it scans it fine - my trouble comes when I'm moving through the titles deciding whether or not to blank the content. Each time I move from title to title, a delay occurs lasting about 30 seconds before showing information about the next title. Same thing happens if I slide the video positioner to another position - stalls about 30 seconds, then lets me continue.

Now, because this program does exactly what I need, I'm prepared to live with it if I must, but this hasn't always happened. This is a recent development, and I cannot think of any patches or changes that would cause it, other than upgrading to build 762 not too long ago, and I figured if that was the problem, many people would be mentioning it, and I've have a fix already Uninstall / reinstall no help. Also tried uninstall / reinstall of Haali - no help. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Check this link: http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/downloads/

Open FFDSHOW Video Decoder settings and make sure (in Directshow Control) that multiAVCHD is allowed to use ffdshow, including avsinfo.exe, x264.exe, etc... Or just lift the restriction if it is set. It causes ffdshow to wait for 30 seconds, prompting the user if he wants to allow (avsinfo.exe for example) to use ffdshow.

Dean
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, after fussing with this, I finally have it fixed - sort of, so I'd love an opinion on how to proceed next.

In the main how-to link you gave, installed the tester - all tested good
    Made changes to FFDSHOW you recommended (adding the exe files you mention) no help
    Removed all restrictions in FFDSHOW - no help
    Downloaded the Windows7 tweaker mentioned in the main link (didn't have this before) - took all defaults, ran fine - no help.
    Uninstall FFDSHOW / install newest version you have in your link - SUCCESS, but....
    This newer version of FFDSHOW is not liked within BDRebuilder.
    Uninstall FFDSHOW / reinstall older version that is accepted by BDRebuilder (20100319) - started to fail again in the same manner as before.

Sooooo...now I at least know how to get past this - makes it much less painful within blu-ray images that are 50+ titles long - but, short of uninstalling / reinstalling FFDSHOW each time I want to switch between BDRebuilder and multiAVCHD (sometimes having to use both back to back) - what would you recommend for resolving this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I think the difference is just with the installation defaults for ffdshow versions. Although BD-Rebuilder will work with ffdshow I recommend and multiAVCHD works with the one BD-Rebuilder recommends, I'd really hope that you can re-check if you really added avsinfo.exe, x264.exe, hx264.exe, mx264.exe, multiAVCHD.exe.

Dean
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SUCCESS finally, so here's what I had to do, just so others who encounter this won't suffer so much

In direct show control, added all the exe files you mention (most weren't there - this setting was off by default), saved it, tested, no help.

In FFDSHOW in the codecs section - found that decoding for MPEG2 was disabled by install default - enabled to libavcodec (thanks to BD Rebuilder's inspector for detecting this) - saved, no help

Went back to direct show control, and unchecked the sneaky little option that says "show dialog when an unknown application tries to load ffdshow" - saved, SUCCESS

I'm still using FFDSHOW 20100319, now both programs are happy. Thanks for the time Dean
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm glad you sorted it out.
    Quote Quote