VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a folder with 12 FLAC audio files in and i want to convert them to MP3, Is there a way of using AUDACITY to convert them all at once inot 12 MP3 files, rather than having to go through them one at a time, Or if not is there another program that can do this for me.....Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    don't know about audacity but dbpoweramp music converter can select all music files in a folder to convert to mp3.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am at work right now and can't precisly remember the spot but I can get you close; use the latest version, then drag & drop your files into Audacity, then File / Export... there will be a drop down box and select mp3. Audacity does a terrific job. It will batch up to about 20 files at a crack, but over that it hangs. If you can't find it, post back and I will give you the exact path. I use it all the time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just did this: see this thread for the answers I got.
    I used dBpoweramp and it worked well, and translated the FLAC tags to ID3, which I particularly wanted.

You can get version 10 (free); also need to get the appropriate FLAC plugin
    from http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy/codec-central-flac.htm

Foobar2000 might be simpler to set up though.

I use Audacity for editing, but it's not really designed to be a simple converter.
    Last edited by AlanHK; 5th Aug 2010 at 15:08.
    Quote Quote