VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm try a to reauthor a retail french pal dvd. I use Pgcdemux for demuxing and when I do so I get both audio streams out of sync. normally that shouldn't be a problem because 'checking A/V' gives me the delay I can then use when remuxing. but this time I get nothing, and, more, when checking it looks like there are no audio streams.

IfoEdit sees the streams but:

anybody got any suggestion about what is to be done? thx
    Quote Quote  
  2. anybody got any suggestion about what is to be done?
    Figure out the delay and put it back in synch yourself?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah, but the thing is the delay is around 7 secs and Muxman doesn't allow that big a delay....
    Quote Quote  
  4. So what? Figure it out and get rid of it entirely using DelayCut.

Or, when making the D2V file cut out those first 7 seconds and don't ever encode them in the first place. And if you load the VOBs in DGIndex, I bet it would give you the correct delay when creating the D2V file and demuxing the audio.

Based on your second picture, you didn't decrypt it properly and left in a whole bunch of unreferenced cells. That also explains why PGCDemux doesn't see any audio. Those unreferenced cells have none. You could also start over and decrypt it using a decent and up-to-date decrypter, one such as DVDFab HD Decrypter. I would guess that the first 7 seconds or so is a blank screen.
    Last edited by manono; 5th Aug 2010 at 02:02.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks, I'll try both. strange is that I had reauthored other dvds from same distributor and didn't have this problem. Is there a way to do this in IfoEdit?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Do what? Set a delay in an already completed DVD? No. Just remux using Muxman after getting rid of the delay and hope there aren't any more unreferenced cells in the middle of the DVD to throw it off again.
    Quote Quote