VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I'm using LG DVD Recorder Model No: RH387H to record TV program into internal HHD and When i am dubbing it to DVD-R my Laptop DVD Player can't read the DVD-R. Why ?

Best Regards,
    SB4
    Quote Quote  
  2. You probably did not finalize the disc. Here are the steps to do this:

1) Place the disc back into the recorder and the recorder should automatically switch to DVD mode. If not, press the DVD button on the remote.

2) Press the MENU/LIST button to display the contents of your disc. You should see 6 thumbnails or placeholders on the screen. To the very bottom left of these thumbnails, there is a "Disc" button. Scroll to it using the arrow keys on your remote.

3) Press ENTER to open the "Disc" menu. Select Finalize. A message box appears saying "Do you want finalization?" Select OK to proceed. At this point, you have the option to cancel this and give your disc a name if you haven't done so.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks em-t-wallitt

Everything work fine now but i have one more question is there another way to copy the content of LG internal HHD to my Laptop or external HDD (Western Digital) other than dubbing to DVD ?!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Not sure if there's a way to transfer the content from the recorder without using a DVD. Maybe someone else has an idea?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Luis G
    Search Comp PM
    My unit broke recently. It no longer plays or records in cd or dvd of any kind. I opened it and saw that the player is fairly common, similar to the ones we use in our pcs. Hopefully someone can tell me if it simply can be replaced for another, like we do with our desktops. For the rest, it is a very usefull device, I use it to record cable in the HDD and see it in a plasma tv without loss of quality.
    Quote Quote