VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would like to know what you guys have figured out. What I am looking for is the cheapest media with the most compatibility in stand alone players for projects I am doing through work. Up until this point I have been using Apple media because it burns at 2X and is way cheaper at $5 a disc then some of the otheres I have seen as far as main brand. They seem to be pretty highly compatible. What I am looking for though is media at about half the price if possible. I have seen that circuit city has Sti media for an okay price, and GQ from Fry's is about $4 a disc. In the $2.50 range I have seen dvdpro and princo. Does anyone have any info on these or any feelings on how they work, etc...? Please post your results and preferences, thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I found pretty cheap media at http://cdrdvdrmedia.com/ but I haven't tested out yet to see how compatible it is, but considering the price, I guess it's worth a try!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Haven't tried the Princo yet -
    But the $3 Optodisc from newegg.com hasn't worked in any of the standalone players that I have tried yet.

Apex - 660
    Sony - 500
    Panasonic 5disc (forgot the model)
    Playstation 2

if you find something cheap and compatible, let us know!
    :D
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've tried the CD-RW from the site I gave you above, and I've tested the two types, the 3.99 one and the 4.99 one, and they both worked. I didn't watch the whole movie, so I don't know if it'll freeze at some point (I've heard people complaining about this, so I don't if it'll happen). My DVD player is a Dual DVD-VCR from GoVideo. My boyfriend also tested on his Sony player (don't know the model)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Apple are supposed to be the best and are available off their website for around UKP4.
    Verbatmin are also another good choice but are slighly more expensive
    Quote Quote