VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Need help to make my Sony BDP-S470 bluray-player region free for dvd playback! Have searched the web but can't find any solution.

Please tell me it is possible
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Sony DVD and BluRay players are currently among the most difficult in the world to unlock for region free DVD playback. There probably is not an unlock code for your player and that's why you can't find one.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for your answer...

It was pretty much what I feared. Hope they manage to crack them soon though. Region codes are stupid.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    A solution has been found : https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/sony-bdp-s470/10830
    If somebody knows where to find this remote control in the US, let me know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by VFCF View Post
    A solution has been found
    Yea....hurray....woohoo!!!!!

Originally Posted by VFCF View Post
    If somebody knows where to find this remote control in the US, let me know.
    Oh....never mind.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi,
    I just bought a Sony BDP-S470 (in Europe) and I desperately need to make it region free (for dvds). So I found the instructions on this site (https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/sony-bdp-s470/10830), and bought a One4all URC 3940 remote, but I seem to have a problem. I used the code 20533 to begin, exactly as it says, and then the rest
    but my player is not responding to the remote at all, not when I press "power" or anything.

The oneforall works with my TV, so it's working. I thought it could be the player, so I installed the last update, no change. Could it be something in the system settings or something ? I could try and buy the
    OneForAll URC-7950, but someone said it worked fine with the URC 3940. Please help me.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes hacks break because of hardware changes by the manufacturer. This could be your problem. Or perhaps you'll get lucky and someone will post a solution that does work for your player.
    Quote Quote