VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have shot a multicamera event and would like to edit. My last project about 4 years ago I edited with ulead mediastudio pro 8. on P4 system. Slow and cumbersome but it worked. I now have a new computer; core i7 960 8 gig ram 2x1.5 tb hdd win 7 64 bit. I instlled mediastudio but it would not start. Ulead has been acquired by corel and doesn't appear to support older products. I have read good things about vegas products on this site so I installed vegas pro 9 trial. I captured the videos ok, loaded and synched them in the timeline. My problem is enabling multicamera edit feature. When I enable multicamera editing it highlights the one clip in the preview window, but does not show clips tiled, like the manual shows. The manual also mentioned I may have to render multicamera takes, so I selected all the clips (ctrl A) and clicked on create multicamera takes. I get a warnig that envelopes, etc will not be visible then click ok. Then the mouse pointer turns to the circle icon and program states "not responding" I let the system run all night hoping it was doing the render but it was still frozen. Is this feature not enabled in the trial version or am I doing something wrong? I hate to drop $600 on a program that doesn't work for my needs. Sorry for the length of this question and many thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what format is your source and what format did you select for the project timeline?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Video is 480i dv captured in vegas. One is 4:3 and one is 16:9. Project properties are pretty much default, I think 4:3. I was going to use the vegas crop function to make both videos 4:3. Is that the problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    make sure the project is set to DVavi and not mpg. the demo doesn't include an mpg encoder. the mixed ar's shouldn't make any difference. and you shouldn't have to pre-render DVavi.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I'm at work now and won't get to the home computer for a couple hours.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In upper left corner of preview window is properties. It says NTSC-DV, no option for avi or mpeg.
    Quote Quote