VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi ,

I'm trying to install "Daemon Tools Pro 10" and gaves me same error : Error code 6.
    What should be ??? A registry error ??
    In installing instructions they say the registry shouldn't be like that : C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ Drivers \ Etc \ hosts - should not be 127.0.0.1 secure.disc-soft.com

but don't tell what to put instead of "127.0.0.1 secure.disc-soft.com"

If someone has already installed this soft pls , help me to install it , too !!

Many thanks in advance !!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have changed the thread title to be more descriptive,for future posting please include more detail to thread subject,also moved the thread to computer.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    127.0.0.1 secure.disc-soft.com = loop back to local host (your pc)

One would think this prevents the product from authenticating and verifying the license

I have Daemon tools pro 10 installed and can verify there is no association with systems host file.

You would need to verify where the product was obtained as error code 6 means unable to contact the server to verify license.

If a genuine product was to produce this error it would be related to the following.

1: Software firewall = need to allow the genuine ip address for secure.disc-soft.com to pass ... review your settings.
    2: Hardware = intermittent issue related to how your system communicates with the internet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK , understood
    In this case what operations are necessary to install it ???? ...to avoid that error....

I've already tryied to uninstall all firewalls but the same result (
    Thanks for helping me !!!

waiting for replay !!!
    Last edited by Benjy; 30th Jul 2010 at 00:21.
    Quote Quote